Tips For The Translucent - Beauty & Lifestyle

Pages

Search This Blog

Monday 1 June 2015

Review | Max Factor Colour Corrector Sticks

I spotted these whilst I was in Boots. There was an offer on the Max Factor line and I thought I would give these a go. My biggest issue with my face is my red skin and dark eye circles. There was a huge range of colour correcting solutions so I picked up these two.


I do try not to expect miracles, but I can get a bit hopeful when it comes to products that promise to correct redness. 

The green stick is supposed to neuteralise the red tones from blemishes, blotchiness or veins near the surface of the skin. The yellow stick is supposed to neuteralise the purple tones of under eye circles or veins.

I was excited to try these out and used them a few times before writing this. As much as they definitely did their job from a colour point of view, I don't think they liked my primer very much. I tried them with a couple of different primers and bases because the colour really did work, but sadly it just didn't work out.

Unfortunately, the texture of these didn't work with my skin. They're a creamy/balm like texture that applies and blends really well. But after a few hours, the product dries out and turns really flakey. It sucked in my foundation and concealer too and made me look really patchy. 



I am gutted that these didn't work for me but I'd definitely recommend swatching them in store in case they work for you since the colour correcting side did what it said on the package. As much as they applied green and yellow, they blend with foundation colours to even out and become unnoticeable.

They're available at Boots for £8.99 each and there's a whole range of colour correcting solutions.

 I hope that they work for some of you!

Tabitha
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Pale Girls' Guide. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign