Tips For The Translucent - Beauty & Lifestyle

Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday 22 February 2015

Haul | Sleek Palettes

I've been the proud owner of a Sleek Contour & Highlight for going on 3 years now. I've long since hit-pan but it just seems to last and last despite me using it every single time I contour (which is every time I wear a full face of makeup). I got it as a birthday present from a friend that's very in-the-know when it comes to makeup and was instantly converted.

While browsing my local Boots last week, I saw that they now have a whole section for Sleek now! I got to see a few of the tester products in action against my skintone and I ended up simply having to buy them.

Image of Eyeshadow palettes in packaging

Just look at the packaging!! Urgh! I bought:

Sleek i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette in Au Naturel | £7.99
Sleek i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette in Vintage Romance | £7.99
Sleek MakeUp Face Form in Fair | £9.99
Sleek Highlighting Palette in Precious Metals | £9.99

They are all absolutely stunning and I've had a chance to test them all out over the course of this last week too. Firstly, the packaging on all of them is (for want of a better word) so sleek.

Image of Sleek Makeup Highlighter Packaging

I don't know what it is about black packaging, but it just screams professional to me. Even if my foundation-fingers are going to dirty these up in no time at all, I just feel so fancy using them.

The eyeshadows are perfection. Highly pigmented and soft so you can pick them up with your eyeshadow brush easily. Minimal fall-out too which is always a bonus for me.

Image of Sleek Vintage Romance Eyeshadow Palette

I fell in instant love with the plum/purple shades in the Vintage Romance palette. They look so gorgeous next to the gold shimmery shades in the same palette and compliment my blue eyes perfectly.

Image of me wearing Sleek Vintage Romance Eyeshadow Palette


Image of Sleek Makeup Au Natural Eyeshadow Palette

The Au Naturel pallete is a dream too. It's got all the soft matte brown shades I would use on a daily basis plus a couple of shimmery shades that look amazing on my brow bone. At £7.99 each, I think these palettes are a bloody bargain and will definitely be expanding my collection!

Having owned a Sleek contour palette before, I was pretty confident that this contour/highlight/blush palette would be excellent too. I wasn't wrong. Just look at the perfect golden shimmer on the highlighter which is matched by the slight gold shimmer in the blush too.

Image of Sleek Face Form Contour Kit

Image of Sleek Face Form Contour Kit

It's a gorgeous palette and I've no doubt at all that I'll be hitting pan on this one in months to come too. I love highlighters but do tend to stick to powder ones as I find these blend better with the setting powder I used. That said, I couldn't resist the Highlighter Palette:

Image of Sleek Precious Metals Highlighter Palette

Image of Sleek Precious Metals Highlighter Palette

It comes with a brush even though the only powder one is the bottom right. The other three are cream highlighter and are like little swipes of finely milled glitter. All three of the cream colours are perfect and compliment my skintone beautifully. The powder may just be a bit too dark for me but I can definitely use it as a shimmery eyeshadow!

Despite the cream formation, they blended well with my foundation/powder routine so I can definitely see me using these a lot going forward!

Image of Sleek Makeup Vintage Romance Eyeshadow Palette on Me

I used these in my Valentines look that I posted last week  and love the subtle glow they gave my powder-heavy face. I will definitely be recommending these!

Are there any other Sleek products that I should check out? Let me know in the comment section below if you've got any recommendations for me.

Tabitha
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Pale Girls' Guide. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign