Tips For The Translucent - Beauty & Lifestyle

Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 December 2016

Yet Another Re-Launch

Oh look, another entire year has gone by and I've barely touched the blog - what a surprise!

I'm disappointed in myself for letting this slip. Last year I was dedicated AF to this blog, and I think that was more about having a four-posts-per-month goal and sticking to it. This year's goals were way too vague and way too dependent on others (more on that to come) for me to be successful.

That said, the beauty of the digital space is that with a few clicks and an hour or so agonising over fonts, I can completely re-launch and re-purpose this blog. I've decided to take a slightly different route with this space now. I could write several posts about beauty and lifestyle that float off into the ether, but would I necessarily read similar posts from others? Probably not.

I still love beauty and makeup though, so I thought about what I search for myself. Nine times out of ten, I look for advice on my biggest problem: my pale AF skin. Every time I want to try a new foundation, concealer, contour and even blush, I have to go on the internet and hope that someone has swatched it on skin the same colour as mine. I know it's difficult to tell if you've got a pale-sister via photos on the internet, but I still find it difficult to find anyone as pale as I am while I do these searches.

Don't let the filtered photo on the sidebar fool you into thinking I have a normal skin-tone. I have grey/translucent shaded skin with blue veins that you can follow a path with in even the dimmest light. I also have a red face and freckles so makeup shopping is always super fun for me.

I'll still post regular beauty and lifestyle type pieces, but with an angle on suiting pale skin too as this is (hopefully) an area I can help with. I'm still no expert, but I've got several years of trial and error that shouldn't go to waste.

I'm going to have a think about my posting-goals for 2017 over the next couple of weeks, but I'll see you shortly either way. I hope you like the new design in the meantime - we've come a long way from the days of the pink background (thank fuck).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Pale Girls' Guide. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign