Tips For The Translucent - Beauty & Lifestyle

Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 November 2014

Primark | Festive Homeware Haul

Living so close to a massive Primark is both a blessing and a curse. I've actually been back to Primark again since the trip that is chronicled below took place, but that was all clothes.

Anyone that has been into my flat knows that I'm a big fan of the Primark homeware section. Not only are the prices amazing (as you would expect) but the quality is decent too! Perfect bits for a little rental flat that you're just trying to make your own.




I was in dire need of some new bathmats since mine fell apart more and more in the wash. My sister recommended the Super Soft Bath Mats that Primark sell so I decided to get some. 


They're washable, and the size information is below.


What I will say with these, is that as much as it feels like you're walking on marshmallows - they are NOT safe! The moment the floor around or slightly under them gets a bit wet, they become slippery death mats. They're so soft and cushiony, but the bottom is clearly not designed to get wet. I've put towels underneath them to try and increase the grip and haven't slipped in over a week now - but I'll admit that having fallen twice, I am tip-toeing across these now. Such a shame!

The next bit I bought was a necessity! It's Primark's Sort It Out Accessory Hanger. Previously, my necklaces and chain strap bags were all hanging over a corner of my shelf getting tangled and falling off constantly. This little beauty is a problem solved!



Here it is in action!

Next, I thought I'd get in there early with the Christmas jumpers this year. My sister is obsessed with pugs so I picked this absolute treasure up for her.


I got myself a nice Christmas pudding themed one and at first I just liked the pattern, but then I looked closer at the labels and it's so cute!!




It's got a real tag in it too so you know how you're allowed to wash it, but I love this little festive touch :-)

As is required, I got myself some kind of footwarmer. I love these cosy slipper boots! I've been wearing them every night since I got them! They're warm without being too hot. Plus they've got little slipper dots on the bottom for a non-slip bonus feature (perfect now I'm terrified of slipping on my bath mats)


Finally, I picked up some candles. I love burning candles but refuse to spend the ridiculous prices on the high-end ones when I can pick up some lovely smelling long-burning candles for £2 at Primark.  This one is a sweet pineapple and ginger scent in a sleek black square holder. It smells amazing and I've been burning it constantly but I'm not even a quarter the way down!




I also love these three wick round candles which are littered around my room. I got the Warm Winter Berry scent as I'm feeling festive (can't you tell). It's a little dented but I don't mind since it smells so incredible! 

As mentioned, I have popped into Primark again since and I can see that they're getting their full Christmas range in there. The home section looks amazingly seasonal so I'll no doubt be going in there again in no time :-)

Can anyone recommend nice cream bath mats that won't slip?

Tabitha 
X



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Pale Girls' Guide. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign