Tips For The Translucent - Beauty & Lifestyle

Pages

Search This Blog

Monday 3 November 2014

Review | Superdrug Vibrance Mango Copper Burst 7.4

I love to dye my hair and have tried a dye from most brand ranges and shades. Recently, I've been sticking to my blonde summers and auburn winters.

But the problem with auburn, as any bottle redhead knows, is that it can fade so very quickly! I was so disappointed when my Nice N Easy auburn shade washed out in just three weeks. Keen to get my auburn back, I ventured into Superdrug to see if I could find the perfect copper-red shade.

 I'll be looking for the perfect shade forever, but I did find a close second. This is the Mango Copper Burst shade from Superdrug's Vibrance range currently priced at £4.49 a box:


Linked here in case my apartment's lights aren't doing it proper justice. Now, according to the back of the box, my hair was going to go quite a bright orange.


However, knowing how quickly red fades, I figured I was better to go stronger with my shade choice now and have it fade to the warm copper red I'm looking for after a few washes. I'll admit, I felt severe intimidation when I mixed it up in my Primark tinting bowl.

This is two boxes worth of dye as I have long/thick hair

It's a distinctly tomato soup shade.....but I'm a daring woman when it comes to hair dyeing so I thought I'd put it on. 

Initially, it had a strong dye-smell but it wasn't as eye watering as previous dyes I've used from other brands and once I started to apply it, the scent was barely noticeable.

It goes on very orange but that helped me to see where I had and hadn't applied it. The formula is quite thin though, and even though I used two boxes, it really didn't go far. My hair is quite thick and goes down to the middle of my back, but two boxes is usually enough for me in other brands. I found that by the time I reached my top section, I only had a trace amount left in the bowl. I definitely couldn't saturate my hair which was disappointing and led to panic hair massaging to try and disperse the product (semi-successfully).

The dye has to stay on for a pretty standard 30 minutes and continues to be a bright (and scary) orange while it's on.

I did get dye on my skin but it washed off with soap and water.
You do have to use shampoo when you're rinsing it out according to the instructions which felt a bit wrong but the conditioner it came with was pleasant smelling and left my hair in good condition.

Here are the results:

Before (left) and After (right)


I'd say the result I had matches that of the box pretty well (for once) and I have to say the colours blended well with my natural highlights. 

There were some areas where the colour is weaker in the top sections but it's definitely not patchy. My colleagues actually thought I'd put in highlights as well because it was the top-section that suffered the lack of dye and it actually blended to look deliberate (so lucky it did!).

Shine-wise, this product could do better. Other brands tend to produce a high shine result where this on definitely didn't. 

Summary: 6/10 - Love the colour but so disappointed at how little product there was. If you're thinking about buying this dye, get one extra box than you think you need and then maybe another one for safety. I'd say that if you're the type of person (like me) that has to use a palmful of conditioner just to get all of their hair, you're definitely going to need 3-4 boxes of this dye. 

Tabitha
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Pale Girls' Guide. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign