Tips For The Translucent - Beauty & Lifestyle

Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday 27 August 2015

Review | Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet


When I first saw the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet on the shelves a good few months ago, I thought it was a gloss type formula rather than a liquid lipstick. It wasn't until I saw a few reviews on this that I really knew what it was.

I was in Boots the other day (again, shocker) and I saw that there were testers out for the product. I swatched a couple of them and fell in love with the Peach Club shade. From the swatch alone, the formula was smooth and highly pigmented so I bought it.



I've now tried it out a few times and can firmly say that I love it! The colour is absolutely gorgeous. I've never really owned a peachy/coral shade like this before and was pleasantly surprised at well it goes with my pale af complexion.

The formula goes on really smooth and velvety as the name would suggest. Unlike other matte lipsticks, it doesn't dry to a chalky texture. Instead, it feels more like a balm. It's not entirely transfer-proof but it does stay in place all day without need for further applications despite eating/drinking.

The only negative is that when you first apply the product, it does not smell good. It smells distinctly of acrylic paint or some kind of burnt polystyrene. Not pleasant but the smell soon dissipates as you apply the colour and it certainly doesn't taste anything like that scent.

All in all, a solid 9/10 for this product and I can't wait to swatch a few more shades and pick up some more colours! They're £8.99 each at Boots right now and there's a 3 for 2 offer on all Bourjois cosmetics at the moment so its the perfect time to give them a try if you haven't already :-)

Tabitha
Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Pale Girls' Guide. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign