Tips For The Translucent - Beauty & Lifestyle

Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Haul | Primark Homeware


Living near such a big Primark is both very convenient and very dangerous for my purse. Right now, Primark is having a "Home Event" and the homeware stock has taken it up a notch as a result.

I've always loved Primark for my basic home essentials like a candle or some simple bedsheets. Lately though, there's a section bigger than my apartment dedicated to their homeware range and I've been unable to resist picking up some decorative bits.

My favourite purchase has to be the big LED star light. It's battery operated which is a bonus to me and the star itself is a dark shiny metal material which makes it look so much more expensive than the £10 it cost. I wasn't expecting a lighting miracle from it, but I popped two AA's in it and actually the lights are quite bright!


I also spotted that Primark have partnered with YouTube's Gabriella (@velvetghost) and have a brand new range in store with her. It's (unsurprisingly) cat themed and very cute. I'd have bought it all if I had the space but decided on this adorable mug with the little cat whiskers on it because you can never have too many mugs.

Primark also have a range of new frame designs which I loved. Lots of rose-gold and copper themed frames but I fell in love with the one pictured above. It's the perfect sized frame and I love the 3D geometric type design. I bought two of these and they were an absolute bloody steal at just £2 each. Near these were a range of canvas prints so I picked up the "Today is going to be a good day" one for £3.

Of course, I couldn't come out of the Home section of Primark without picking up some candles. The first one I picked up was the Lime scented one from their 'Soda' range. I had purchased the Orange Soda candle for my sister a few months ago and loving all things lime-scented, I had to buy myself this one. It smells like a lime mojito and comes in a glass jar with a lid. It was £3 for something that is going to burn for 30+ hours so definitely a bargain.

Still on the candle front, I also picked up a little tealight holder with an Earl Grey design. I just thought that a tea-themed tealight holder was too cute and at £2.50 was another amazing bargain. Especially since it comes with a tealight inside it.

Finally, I spotted a little glimpse of upmarket Primark with the candle pictured in the centre (above). It's a frosted glass jar with a wooden top and inside is the most amazing smelling White Cardamom & Sage candle. It smells like something you could buy at Jo Malone but at a fraction of the price. This one was £4 but I could easily have spent triple that with how good this candle smells!

All in all, very impressed with my local Primark stock right now. It was always a gamble as to whether you'd find good stuff in there before but lately they have been stepping up their game. It's like they've had a re-design and become a new shop altogether. I look forward to future homeware purchases from Primark going forward :-)

Tabitha
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Pale Girls' Guide. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign