Tips For The Translucent - Beauty & Lifestyle

Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday 24 September 2015

Birchbox | September 2015

First of all, where the f*ck has September gone? I'm either too busy at work to notice time flying by or just getting older and appreciating the moments less. Either way, I'm losing.

I received September's Birchbox a couple of weeks back now. So long ago that I've lost the information leaflet - or else I chucked it out with bitter disappointment that I (yet again) did not receive the box design of my choice. At least it's been long enough that I've had a chance to use most of the samples I received this month.




Birchbox September 2015 Contents:
Laura Mercier Face Polish | £26
John Masters Organic Citrus & Neroli Detangler | £16
Benefit Porefessional License to Blot | £15.50
Beauty Protector Beauty Wash Body Cleanser | £8
Laqa & Co Cheeky Lip Pencil in Cray Cray | £16.75
Birchbox Birchbrush | £5.99

Laura Mercier Face Polish
Being a massive fan of the primer from Laura Mercier (which is close to running out - kill me) I was very excited by this sample. I tried it out and it's just as amazing as I'd worked it up to be. It's so rare that expectations are met like this. The scrub itself has a very tiny exfoliate in it which makes it feel like a luxurious liquid sandpaper. Aggressive as that sounds, it's exactly what my oil-slick skin needs and I was gutted when the sample finally ran out. I would pay £26 for the full size of this once I marry rich and can afford to.

John Masters Organic Citrus & Neroli Detangler
I've been using this as a leave-in conditioner rather than rinsing out. According to the bottle you can do either. I can't say I've noticed it makes any kind of difference to my tangled hair but it definitely makes it smell nice. Equally though, a bit of Tresemme would do the same so I wouldn't be buying this.

Benefit Porefessional License to Blot
I'm still not sure what this product is supposed to do. Perhaps the information leaflet had some kind of magic instructions or my skin is just too greasy for it to cope. I am definitely still oily and can't say that this 'mattifying' product made a lick of difference. Likely going straight in the bin the next time I have a product cull.

Beauty Protector Beauty Wash Body Cleanser
I enjoyed this body wash as is definitely smelled good. Usual complaint about the packaging this company use being such hard plastic that you can't squeeze any product out though. Lovely change to the current Grapefruit Body Wash from Body Shop routine but I don't think it's worth £8 a bottle.

Laqa & Co Cheeky Lip Pencil in Cray Cray
Loved the colour of this and the formula goes on great. That said, it didn't last very long on my lips and I ended up with a coral outlined lip and nothing else. Good if you're used to applying lip colour back on regularly, but I prefer a longer lasting product personally.



Birchbox Birchbrush
I love my Tangle Teezers so I was really excited to see this addition to the box. Particularly as I've been considering a handbag sized Tangle Teezer purchase and this has saved me about £13. Perfect compact size and non-tug bristles make this one a win for me.



There was definitely a good range of products in this month's Birthday themed box. It's a shame that most of them didn't suit my tastes but there were a few highlights so not a bad box.

I've received My Little Box in the last couple of weeks too so be sure to come back tomorrow when I'll have a post on that one. Subscribe using the link to the top right if you want alerts of all my new posts.

Tabitha
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Pale Girls' Guide. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign