Tips For The Translucent - Beauty & Lifestyle

Pages

Search This Blog

Friday 25 September 2015

My Little Box | September 2015

Ah, My Little Box - you never let me down. Every month, this is the box that I look forward to receiving most. If memory serves, they've been available in the UK for about a year now and in that time the contents have just got better and better.

This month's theme is My Little Fashion Box which ties in nicely with London Fashion Week here in the UK.



My Little Box September 2015 Contents:
Kerastase Couture Styling Spray a Porter | £21
La Roche-Posay Hydreane BB Cream | £15
Alfa-K Nail Decals | £4.35
American Vintage Scarf | £17.69
My Little Beauty Red Dingue Lip Colour | £16.21
Cointreau & Recipe Book

Kerastase Couture Styling Spray a Porter
I used this on dry pin-curled hair to try and help hold a style for longer. I'd say it definitely made a difference and the spray smells gorgeous too. I've yet to try it on damp hair which is mostly because I've been seriously un-arsed to wash my hair lately, but it promises effortless beach waves without the stickyness.

La Roche-Posay Hydreane BB Cream
I'll admit that I groaned a little bit when I saw a BB Cream in here. It's been a good few years since the BB cream trend really kicked off over here and I've yet to find one that isn't too orange on my paper white skin. However, I gave this a swatch and it seemed to blend really well. I tried it on my face yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. It applies like a dream and the shade - while orange against my skin initially - blended beautifully. Obviously its not designed to be a full coverage but it just evened everything out so effortlessly. Plus its SPF 20 so ideal for protecting my skin too. Definitely a convert to this.


Alfa-K Nail Decals
These look really cute. I haven't tried them yet but next time I'm feeling a bit creative I'll give them a go.

American Vintage Scarf
I love this scarf! Simple design but it will match most outfits that way. The quality of the fabric is really lovely too. It's a square scarf so perfect for warmer Autumn days or coming into Spring next year.



My Little Beauty Red Dingue Lip Colour
I always love the My Little Beauty additions and this month was no different. The lip colour is a perfect match to my skintone and it applies beautifully. It dries matte so lasts quite a while though it did start to flake off a little bit after 5 or 6 hours. Not on the lips as much, but onto cup rims etc. It reapplied really nicely though so that was a bonus.



Cointreau & Recipe Book
Legitimately. They sent Cointreau.
How much cooler can a monthly beauty box get? The little recipe book that comes with it is filled with fizzy Cointreau cocktail recipes which is a really nice touch. But lets be honest, I'll be pouring this into hot chocolates and getting tipsy in front of X Factor until Christmas.



I know I say this every month, but I already can't wait for next month's box to arrive. New post tomorrow on an AMAZING new highlighter that I've discovered so check back then. Otherwise, hit the subscribe button on the top left of the page and be my best friend forevz.

Tabitha
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Pale Girls' Guide. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign